Monday, June 10, 2013

Local Photographer Tearing Down Stereotypes

                                                  
Local Southern Nevada photographer, Linda Quackenboss is attempting to tear down LGBT stereotypes by showing that they are no different than anyone else. She does this by doing photo shoots of LGBT people in a comfortable setting in her studio or on a location of their choice. She is showing some of her work at the Gay & Lesbian Center of Southern Nevada. Her work will be shown at the Center until June 16th. She will have a meet & greet session at the Center on June 12th from 6 pm to 8 pm. If you are in the Las Vegas area, stop in and say hi to Linda. Tell her Bisexual News and Views sent you.
 
Here is the concept in Linda's words:
 
Laughter In The Lens and other locations in Las Vegas area
 
 
I'm working on a personal project photographing individuals, couples, families and groups in the LGBTQ community in Las Vegas. My goal is to show everyone how typical the LGBTQ community is alongside the straight community. I want to photograph you in my studio or on location just enjoying life. Does that mean having a barbeque at your home? Is it frisbee with your dog? Is it a stroll or a bike ride in a park? Is it chilling in my studio and giggling at my silly jokes?

Here's the deal: you let me photograph you (or your friends!) with your/their partner, family or just you yourself, include your pet if you like, you choose your favorite pose and I'll give you an 11x14 mounted print of your favorite. If you want additional prints, I'll have very special pricing for participating in this project.  

Then when I have about 125 portraits with short bio info on you as well, I'll be creating a book! I'll inviting the media, all of you who participated and anyone else who wants to see for themselves that life is a participation sport for everyone!

The initial showing for this project is going to be at The Center, June 6-16 as part of Artrageous by Yelp. Time is of the essence. You need to jump on board quickly as this project needs to be soon so we can produce and go to print with the book for holiday season this year! So, questions? comments? Ready to participate? Great!!!

Call me at 702-575-1150 to set up a time for your exclusive session. You may also message me here.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment